Assembly Plant Manager
Location: Puebla, Mexico
Salary: $1,820,000 – $2,080,000 Yr
About the client:
Lean Manufacturing company is looking for an Assembly Plant Manager who is responsible for the management and coordination of the assembly plant operations, including the maintenance consistent to improve the facility’s performance in production, inventory, and output.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
• Bachelor`s Degree in Welding or Manufacturing Engineering.
• Minimum 5 years in an automotive manufacturing environment as supplier and three years of supervisory/managerial experience.
Requested Technical Competencies:
• Good command of English;
• Good command of German;
• Good handling of the MS Office Package;
• ERP / SAP;
• Capacity planning;
• Cycle times management;
• Lead time reduction;
• Lean implementation;
• Management of inventory control systems;
• Knowledge and application of the Quality Systems TS 16949 and ISO 14000.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following items for which key performance indicators shall be established and closely monitored/improved;
• In first place production: capacity planning, cycle times, productivity improvement, on-time delivery, lead time reduction, production to plan, quality of product, continuous improvement, cost-reduction, lean implementation;
• Assists in the development of the operation plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of operations to ensure that products confirm to established customer and company quality standards;
• Formulates and recommends operation policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation;
• Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce costs; manages the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of production standards;
• Manages and implements the inventory control system and manages processes consistent with company policies and objectives;
• Manages and implements the process control and preventive maintenance systems to ensure high and predictable levels of output;
• Leads and/or participates in quality and efficiency programs;
• Provides leadership in the design and implementation of information systems designed to support customers and operations;
• Conducts regular reviews of controls, processes, and results; provides reports to the senior management as requested;
• Is responsible for all team staff, including professional development and performance review;
• Continually improves safety records by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes; maintains and improves housekeeping in all areas;
• Maintains individual skills keeping up to date with latest production and production management concepts;
• Performs other special assignments as required.