Sr. Welding Manager (Welding Expert)
Salary: MXN 1,950,000 – 2,340,000 Yr
About the client
Lean Manufacturing Company is looking for a Sr. Welding Manager (Welding Expert) who is responsible for the management and coordination of the assembly plant operations, including the maintenance consistent to improve the facility’s performance in production inventory, and output.
• Bachelor´s Degree in Welding or Manufacturing Engineering.
• Technical Knowledge of ABB & KUKA Machinary.
• Minimum 5 years in an automotive manufacturing environment as supplier and three years of supervisory/managerial experience.
• Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following items for which key performance indicators shall be established and closely monitored/improved;
• In first place production: capacity planning, cycle times, productivity improvement, on-time delivery, lead time reduction, production to plan, quality of product, continuous improvement, cost-reduction, lean implementation;
• Assist in the development of the operation plan and establish procedures for maintaining high standards of operations to ensure that products confirm to established customer and company quality standards;
• Formulate and recommend operation policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation;
• Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce costs; manage the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of production standards;
• Manage and implement the inventory control system and manage processes consistent with company policies and objectives;
• Manage and implement the process control and preventive maintenance systems to ensure high and predictable levels of output;
• Lead and/or participate in quality and efficiency programs;
• Provide leadership in the design and implementation of information systems designed to support customers and operations;
• Conduct regular reviews of controls, processes, and results; provide reports to the senior management as requested;
• Responsible for all team staff, including professional development and performance review;
• Continually improve safety records by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes; maintain and improves housekeeping in all areas;
• Maintain individual skills keeping up to date with latest production and production management concepts;
• Performs other special assignments as required.
Requested Technical Competences:
• Good command of English;
• Good command of German;
• Good handling of the MS Office Package;
• ERP / SAP;
• Capacity planning;
• Cycle times management;
• Lead time reduction;
• Lean implementation;
• Management of inventory control systems;
• Knowledge and application of the Quality Systems TS 16949 and ISO 14000.